Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rememberance

"To Have and to Hold;  In sickness and in health;  For richer or poor;  To Love and to Cherish;  To honor and protect;  For better or for worse;  Till death do us part."

  Odds are if you are married, you and your spouse exchanged some version of a vow.  It may have contained some or none of the above, but none the less- a vow.  If you're a hipster, you may have created a super awesome, heart wrenching, emo- dashboard confessional vow that forever rocked the world!  Or you may have gone old school or traditional.
  Why do we not step back and remember our vows?  (And when I say "we" I'm pointing my huge pointer finger right in my own face).
  Mighty big words up there in that vow, mighty easy to say on that special day- mighty tough to live on a measly fall day and the dishes need done.  Mighty tough to live if we don't pause and remember.  Pause long enough to let our vows challenge us.
  How I need to pause, remember, and let my vows challenge me.  How about you?

No comments: