Ever find yourself worn out? Not physically, but something more, a deeper sense of being worn out. I would imagine we can all relate.
Could be that we find ourselves on the "edge", or maybe feeling like giving up for a spell. Or it could simply be a feeling of "everyone just leave me alone!" Ha!
I found myself entering this past weekend-worn out. Not on the edge by any means, but at the same time needing a time of refreshment.
Thankfully I found that refreshment. Or rather, I met Refreshment, and of all things it was an encounter with God. And what I found interesting was that the encounter happened in a series of experiences within a group setting.
Yes, sure- a church setting. It doesn't really surprise me; after all I truly believe that we have been created for community. Which is what church is. So it doesn't surprise me that refreshing experiences are birthed out of community settings!
So if you find yourself needing refreshed, and you are lacking community-rediscover God encounters within a group setting!
No comments:
Post a Comment