Monday, July 28, 2008

Brasil 08 Part V


  The town that the missionaries are based out of is called Porto de Moz.  You can really only get there by boat, even at that-it's 10 hours from the city Altamira.
  We spent four days in Porto de Moz.  There are two Vineyard churches there that are lead through the Xingu.  On a Saturday evening, I had the opportunity to speak at the youth conference that both churches combined to attend.  For me, this was the highlight of the whole trip.
  I spoke on how God has used young people throughout history.  We have so many accounts in the Bible of how God has empowered younger people to bring about change and to speak on His behalf.  The first accounts of God speaking to Samuel in Eli's house, David, Ruth, Daniel, and Timothy are just a few.
  That night, as I came to ministry time, I had felt that God wanted to deal with three things.  First, struggles with pornography; Second, He wanted to show people what their gifts are; Third, salvation.   I was amazed to see the response for prayer; such a large number of kids poured to the front seeking what God had gifted them with.  The Spirit of God was falling so heavily on kids as they cried out to God.  Many of my teammates made their way around praying with as many as they could.  I remember thinking to myself, "God is really in business tonight."  Just seeing Him connect with people is always so Amazing!
  I could type another whole page on the events of that evening, but I'm not so certain that it would accurately communicate what I experienced.  I was humbled to be a part of God meeting with us all.
zh

No comments: